Statement By FMCS Director George H. Cohen On ABC Inc. And NABET-CWA Negotiations
WASHINGTON, March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service Director George H. Cohen issued the following statement today on the labor negotiations between ABC Inc. and the National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians-Communications Workers of America (NABET-CWA):
"I am pleased to announce that at the culmination of a marathon bargaining session conducted under my auspices, the parties have reached a comprehensive Memorandum of Agreement."
"The agreement is subject to union ratification, but it represents a major step toward the successful completion of long and difficult negotiations."
"Out of respect for the ratification process and consistent with the Agency's longstanding policy on confidentiality, we shall not disclose any of the terms of the agreement.""Finally, I would like to recognize the contributions made by my colleagues, Director of Mediation Services Jack Sweeney and Commissioner Timothy Germany throughout the process."
The Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, created in 1947, is an independent U.S. government agency whose mission is to preserve and promote labor-management peace and cooperation. Headquartered in Washington, DC, with 10 district offices and 67 field offices, the agency provides mediation and conflict resolution services to industry, government agencies and communities. www.fmcs.gov
SOURCE Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV