Rating Change #2
(LRN - Get Report)
has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 14.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- LRN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.08 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.70, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- K12 INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, K12 INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.46 versus $0.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.69 versus $0.46).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Consumer Services industry. The net income increased by 128.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $4.17 million to $9.51 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 217.96% to $49.27 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, K12 INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -286.02%.
K12, Inc., a technology-based education company, offers proprietary curriculum, software systems, and educational services to facilitate individualized learning for students in kindergarten through 12th grade in the United States and internationally. The company has a P/E ratio of 41.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. K12 has a market cap of $883.8 million and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. Shares are up 16.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
K12 Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center