Rating Change #3
Recon Technology Ltd
(RCON - Get Report)
has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from sell to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RCON's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 50.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- RCON's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.28 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, RCON has a quick ratio of 1.76, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- RECON TECHNOLOGY LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, RECON TECHNOLOGY LTD continued to lose money by earning -$0.15 versus -$1.14 in the prior year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, RECON TECHNOLOGY LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for RECON TECHNOLOGY LTD is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 31.00%. Regardless of RCON's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.44% trails the industry average.
Recon Technology, Ltd provides hardware, software, and on-site services to the petroleum mining and extraction industry in the People's Republic of China. Recon Technology has a market cap of $7.4 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 34.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
Recon Technology Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center