3 Utilities Stocks Nudging The Sector Higher
1. As of noon trading, EQT ( EQT) is up $0.56 (0.8%) to $67.45 on light volume Thus far, 535,240 shares of EQT exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $66.96-$68.44 after having opened the day at $67.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.89. EQT Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated energy company in the United States. It operates in three segments: EQT Production, EQT Midstream, and Distribution. EQT has a market cap of $10.1 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 55.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate EQT a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates EQT as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full EQT Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the utilities sector could consider Utilities Select Sector SPDR ( XLU) while those bearish on the utilities sector could consider ProShares UltraShort Utilities ( SDP). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts