- Are you able to access information no matter the day or time? While key records should be in a locked building/room, make sure you have a key so you can still access the information during off-hours. For extra reassurance, consider a system that will convert hard copy files into an electronic format that can be accessed through a secure online "virtual" file room.
- Do you have back-ups of vital information? Typically, the more effort that a business owner puts into preparing and storing back-ups of both hard copy and electronic files, the easier it will be to recover from a disaster like a hurricane or flood. Be sure you're storing back-up files in multiple secure locations, so if a disaster affects your office, another copy of your information could still be accessed.
- Do enough people know about the plan and where it's stored? If only one person knows about the plan and where it's stored, your company could still be at great risk. Make sure information about your plan is communicated frequently with key personnel.
For The Record, Good Record Keeping Is A Good Thing
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.