More Embarrassment For Bloomberg's Anti-Gun Mayors Group, Says SAF
BELLEVUE, Wash., March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Three more names have been added to a veritable rogue's gallery of current or former members of Michael Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns who have run afoul of the law with Thursday's criminal charges against Marcus Hook, Pa. Mayor James Schiliro, the Second Amendment Foundation said today.
"Mayor Schiliro is one more example of why we started the 'Gun Owners Against Illegal Mayors' campaign," said SAF Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb. "He joins recently-convicted former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, and recently-indicted former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, both of whom were MAIG members."
SAF launched Gun Owners Against Illegal Mayors last fall, "and the list keeps growing," said Gottlieb.
"Schiliro's case is not only bad, but bizarre," Gottlieb observed. "He's been charged with false imprisonment, unlawful restraint, reckless endangerment, serving alcohol to a minor and other crimes, and he also allegedly used more than one gun in this incident, in which at least one shot was fired.""The allegations against Schiliro creeped me out," he said. "With associates like this, I can understand why Bloomberg doesn't trust people with guns. "According to published reports," he continued, "Schiliro's attorney says the mayor has sold his guns and entered alcoholism treatment, but this doesn't get any traction with me. If the charges against this guy are proven in court, he deserves to have the book thrown at him, same as Mayor Bloomberg would demand if any other gun owner did what police and prosecutors think Schiliro did. "It is amusing," Gottlieb added, "that Schiliro – who signed an infamous letter to the U.S. Senate with 600 other mayors – has suddenly disappeared from the MAIG roster on that group's website.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV