Success On The GED Test Now Just Clicks Away In Texas
AUSTIN, Texas, March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In striving to offer more adults without a high school diploma an opportunity to obtain a high school credential as well as basic technology skills, Texas recently partnered with GED Testing Service to offer the GED test on computer. Testing began on March 6, 2013, and online registration and scheduling is now available to test-takers.
"The GED test on computer provides a more flexible and efficient testing experience for adult learners who often need to move very quickly into jobs or training programs," said Randy Trask, president of GED Testing Service. "Over the past year we've found that adults who test on computer score higher and finish the exam faster, and we're excited that this offering is now available in a wide variety of locations across Texas."
Texas joins 39 states that have begun offering the GED test on computer since early 2012. Adult learners across the country have taken advantage of the new benefits, such as online scheduling and registration, instant unofficial score reports, and increased testing flexibility. GED Testing Service studied results from more than 40,000 computerized GED tests given in 2012 and found significantly positive results for test-takers. GED Testing Service's findings included:
- Adults who tested on computer had an 88 percent pass rate compared to 71 percent for those who tested on paper.
- Adults who tested on computer completed their exams in approximately 5.5 hours compared to 8 on paper.
- Adults who tested on computer were also 59 percent more likely to retake a failed test instead of giving up and dropping out of the testing program.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts