March 25, 2013
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "
Advanced Devices for Injectable Drugs. Products, Players and Prospects
" report to their offering.
The past decade has seen a dramatic shift in terms of the types of approved injectable drugs, the diseases they target, and the devices used to deliver them. This shift has fostered change on several levels of the healthcare sector. The injectable drug segment has seen a marked increase in the level of drug/device integration, as specialty syringes and specialized injection devices proliferate in response to safety and economic challenges posed by recombinant protein drugs, while administration of injectables has moved increasingly from practitioner offices and healthcare facilities to patient homes. This report examines injection devices engineered with features that advance the state-of-the-art for injectable drugs, providing essential insight and forecasts into the implications of this evolving landscape.
- Analyzes and evaluates the shifting landscape for injectable drug delivery and assesses the market impact of new and emerging injection devices on the competitive landscape
- Analyzes advanced syringe and injector device designs, feature/functionality, product branding, competing technologies and market development issues
- Provides detailed descriptions advanced devices for injectable drugs and assesses the impact of advanced features on therapeutic segments
- Profiles leading injection device companies, their product development activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Injectable Drug Market Dynamics
3. The Injectable Drug Ecosystem
- Therapeutic Demand Drivers
- Specialty Injection Device Demand Drivers
- Chronic Conditions and Self-Administration
- The Growth of Biologicals
- Shifting Patient Demographics
- Drug Economics, Safety and Compliance
- Device Design and Innovation
- Competitive Landscape
- Technology Market Drivers
4. Advanced Autoinjectors