Chile Emerges As Latin America's Video Game Incubator
SAN FRANCISCO, March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Chile, the only Latin American country to have a booth at the 2013 Game Developers Conference (GDC) for second consecutive year, will showcase four of its top video game developing companies, its video game association (IGDA Chile), and the success stories that have positioned the country as the next incubator for the video game industry.
LEADING VIDEO GAME COMPANIES : Four leading Chilean companies - Behavior, South America's largest studio; OONi Games, product of Start-Up program and with globally-played games; Greencandy, promoter of behavior change through video games; and IguanaBee, developers of the first augmented reality game in Latin America- will be showcased by Chile at its GDC2013 booth #1024.
CHILEAN OFFICIALS : Government officials will be available to discuss incentive programs that provide opportunities for U.S., global and local Chilean companies to establish their studios in Chile. Also, non-Chilean entrepreneurs will be available to talk about their experience with the Chilean video game industry. Additionally, the video game association will be able to talk about how companies are organized and the support it brings to a growing industry.
Interview and Photo/Video Opportunities:
- David Williams : A native from the United Kingdom, David works directly with the Chilean video game industry and is available to discuss the business environment in Chile, what makes it the right country for this industry and his experience overall, as well as details on Behavior Chile, company that he represents at the booth.
- Daniel Winkler : Vice-President at Video Games Chile (IGDA Chile) and CEO at IguanaBee, he has expert knowledge of the Chilean video game industry, its strengths as a fertile ground for local and international developers, the way they are supported, organized, trained and regulated, and the achievements of the industry since its inception.
- Francisco Correa : Trade Commissioner for ProChile based in Los Angeles, he can discuss the Chilean video game industry, the investment and entrepreneurial opportunities it provides the U.S. and global markets, as well as government programs that incentivize companies who establish studios in Chile. He is the source for information on the entrepreneurial relationship between Chile and the U.S. and can discuss the official 2013 Year of Innovation, as declared by Chilean President Sebastian Pinera.
- Exhibiting companies OONi Games, Behavior, Greencandy, and IguanaBee: These leading companies can speak about their products, their approach to the business and, most importantly, the role that Chile's support to the industry has had in their creation/promotion/growth.
- Most innovative country in Latin America : 2012 Global Innovation Index of the World Intellectual Property Organization and INSEAD Business School.
- Most competitive economy in Latin America : WEF Global Competitive Index 2012-2013; #1 in LatAm on the World Bank's Ease of Doing Business Index 2012 and on the Economist Intelligence Unit's Business Environment Ranking.
- Fertile ground for business: Chile set up 67,000 new companies in 2012, from 58,000 in 2011; and the Chilean Congress approved an initiative that enables all people to start a company in one day, at zero cost and online.
- Government incentives and support: The Chilean government offers programs like Start-Up and ContactChile to foreign and local companies as a way to support innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Chile's video game industry expanding rapidly: 275 percent projected sales growth from 2010 to 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV