JINHUA, China, March 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kandi Technologies Group, Inc. (the 'Company' or 'Kandi') (Nasdaq:KNDI), a leading Chinese manufacturer and developer of pure electric vehicles (EVs) and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), today announced that on March 22, 2013, the Company's wholly owned subsidiary, Zhejiang Kandi Vehicles Co., Ltd ('Kandi Vehicles') entered into a Joint Venture Agreement with Shanghai Maple Guorun Automobile Co., Ltd. ('Shanghai Maple'), a 99% owned subsidiary of Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd. (Hong Kong Stock Exchange, Stock Code: 175) (the "Geely") to establish a joint venture company of Zhejiang Kandi Electric Vehicles Co., Ltd. (the "JV Company").
Pursuant to the JV Agreement, the registered capital for the JV Company is RMB1 billion (approximately $160 million) and each party will contribute 50% of the registered capital in cash and will each own 50% of the JV Company.
The business scope of JV Company is to develop, manufacture and sell electric vehicles (the "EVs") and to develop, purchase, manufacture and sell auto parts, and invest in other companies which engage in such businesses.The JV Company will acquire EV assets from Kandi and Geely in order to possess the necessary properties, assets and technologies to conduct its EV business. The JV Company will leverage the strength, resources and expertise of both Kandi and Geely in the EV segment to develop and provide affordable electric vehicles and efficient services to its customers. The primary product of the JV Company will be to provide EVs and EV services for the intra-city public transportation and it will use the experience of EV operations in Hangzhou City to promote the use of EVs and make it the leader in the electric vehicle market. A signing ceremony was held at Xihu District in Hangzhou City of Zhejiang Province for the official execution of this joint venture agreement to establish the JV Company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV