3 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks
Niska Gas Storage Partners (NYSE: NKA) shares currently have a dividend yield of 11.20%. Niska Gas Storage Partners LLC owns and operates natural gas storage assets in North America. Currently there are no analysts that rate Niska Gas Storage Partners a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Niska Gas Storage Partners has been 100,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Niska Gas Storage Partners has a market cap of $431.5 million and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 16.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Niska Gas Storage Partners as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 104.88% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 36.88% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 104.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$213.63 million to $10.42 million.
- NISKA GAS STORAGE PARTNERS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NISKA GAS STORAGE PARTNERS swung to a loss, reporting -$2.38 versus $0.84 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.51 versus -$2.38).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $59.82 million or 47.95% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.28 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.32, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Niska Gas Storage Partners Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts