4 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks
PG&E (NYSE: PCG) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.10%. PG&E Corporation, through its subsidiaries, operates as a public utility company in northern and central California. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.85. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate PG&E a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for PG&E has been 2,704,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. PG&E has a market cap of $18.9 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 8.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates PG&E as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 110.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $87.00 million to -$9.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for PG&E CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.80%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -0.23% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full PG&E Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV