Pzena Investment Management (NYSE: PZN) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.00%. Pzena Investment Management, Inc. is a publicly owned investment manager. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.28. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Pzena Investment Management a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Pzena Investment Management has been 22,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pzena Investment Management has a market cap of $78.8 million and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 25.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pzena Investment Management as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- PZENA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, PZENA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT increased its bottom line by earning $0.32 versus $0.28 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.37 versus $0.32).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, PZENA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 49.00% is the gross profit margin for PZENA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, PZN's net profit margin of 4.95% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Pzena Investment Management Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts