RoundTable Healthcare Partners And Argon Medical Devices To Acquire Angiotech Pharmaceuticals' Interventional Products Business
The acquisition of the Interventional Products Business bolsters Argon's existing portfolio of interventional vascular products, adds additional biopsy product lines, and further leverages the Company's sales force within core call points. As part of the transaction, Argon will also acquire three dedicated manufacturing facilities in Wheeling, IL; Gainesville, FL; and Rochester, NY. Argon currently manufactures its products in facilities in Athens, TX and Singapore.
"The Interventional product franchise is well recognized by hospitals and physicians worldwide," said Michael J. Hudson, CEO of Argon. "The acquisition of these products strengthens the Argon portfolio and cements our Company's position as a key player in the Interventional Radiology, Cardiac Catheterization and Vascular Surgery markets."
The Interventional Products Business was created by RoundTable in 2003 as part of its American Medical Instruments Holdings, Inc. ("AMIH") investment. The AMIH business was run by Argon's current management team including: Michael Hudson, Argon's CEO; Richard Adloff, Argon's CFO; and George Leondis, Argon's President. AMIH combined the formerly independent Manan Medical, MD Tech, PBN Medical, and American Medical Instruments into a consolidated operating unit. Angiotech acquired the Interventional Products Business from RoundTable in 2006 as a part of its purchase of AMIH.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV