On March 21, 2013, the staff of NYSE Regulation, Inc. (“NYSE Regulation”) notified the Mexico Equity and Income Fund, Inc. (the “Fund”) (NYSE:MXE) (NYSE:MXEPR) that it has determined to commence proceedings to delist the Preferred Stock (“Preferred Stock”) of The Mexico Equity and Income Fund, Inc. (the “Fund”) from the New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE”) because fewer than 100,000 shares of the Preferred Stock are publicly held. Trading in the Fund’s Preferred Stock on the NYSE was suspended prior to the opening of trading on March 22, 2013.
The Fund has determined it has no basis to challenge the staff’s determination.
The right of holders of the Preferred Stock to convert their shares into shares of the Fund’s common stock on a one-for-one basis will not be affected by the delisting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV