10 Ways to Cut the Cost of Airfare
If you're traveling for over a week, paying the daily parking fee at the airport is bound to add-up, especially since these parking fees cost upwards of $20 per day.
A cheaper alternative is to check some of the parking lots near the airport. "These lots sometimes offer direct shuttle service to the airport with rates are as low as $3.99 per day," says Woroch. "Check AirportReservationsParking.com for a list of places to park on the cheap."
10. Special fares
For students and young people, it never hurts to ask the airline if there is a special discount."There are plenty of organizations that cater to student travelers," Hinkle adds. "Search online for student-only airfares or try last-minute stand-by tickets for reduced fares. There are also youth fares -- discounted tickets for ages 18-22 and you don't have to be a student to use them."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV