Brake Parts Inc Is Back
MCHENRY, Ill., March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Brake Parts Inc announced today that it has been acquired by a group of investors led by Torque Capital Group, a New York based private equity firm. The business was spun off to its shareholders in November 2012 by its parent, Affinia Group Holdings, of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
"Now that the deal has been completed, the BPI team along with our strategic partners are eager to move forward," said President and CEO David Overbeeke. "Brake Parts Inc has a strong heritage of leading the category in product quality and innovation, first to market applications and superior customer service."
Joseph Parzick, Managing Partner of Torque Capital Group said, "Torque and our investors were particularly attracted to BPI's strong management team and their leading market position in the North American brake parts aftermarket. We are excited by the prospect of leveraging the Raybestos ® brand of brake products to drive international sales growth, particularly in Asia."
BPI recently completed a comprehensive restructuring of its global manufacturing footprint in best-cost countries investing in new world-class, state-of-the-art operations, incorporating lean manufacturing principles for optimum quality consistency and maximum productivity and efficiency. Equally important in the BPI global strategy is a strong commitment and dedication to research, development and testing to ensure our entire offering of friction, drums and rotors, calipers and hydraulic products meet or exceed original equipment fit, form and function specifications and performance requirements."We are in one of the most dynamic categories in the global automotive aftermarket," said Overbeeke. "We are dedicated to continuous improvement in everything we do, each and every day in order to meet the demands of our highly valued customers!"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV