PowerballÂ® Tickets Worth $1 Million Each Sold In Lehigh, Montgomery Counties
Jackpot-Winning Ticket Sold in New Jersey; Jackpot Resets to $40 Million
MIDDLETOWN, Pa., March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Two Powerball tickets worth $1 million each from the March 23 drawing were sold at the following locations:
- Hess Express, 3640 Route 309, Orefield, Lehigh County; and
- 7-Eleven, 255 W. Horsham Road, Horsham, Montgomery County.
Each winning ticket correctly matched all five white balls, 17-29-31-52-53, but not the red Powerball 31, to win individual prizes of $1 million, less 25 percent federal withholding.
Each retailer will receive a $5,000 bonus for selling a winning ticket.Lottery officials cannot confirm the identity of either winner until each prize is claimed and each ticket is validated. Pennsylvania Lottery Mega Millions winners have one year from the drawing date to claim prizes. The Lottery encourages each holder of a winning ticket to sign the back of the ticket, call the Lottery at 717-702-8146 and file a claim at Lottery headquarters in Middletown, Dauphin County, or at any of Lottery's seven area offices. Claims may be filed at Lottery headquarters Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at area offices. More than 191,000 other Pennsylvania Lottery Powerball players also won prizes in the March 23 drawing. With one jackpot-winning ticket sold in New Jersey, the Powerball jackpot reset to an estimated annuity value of $40 million, or $25 million cash, for the Wednesday, March 27 drawing. In fiscal year 2011-12, the Pennsylvania Lottery awarded a total of nearly $145.4 million in prizes to winners in Lehigh and Montgomery counties. The Lottery also contributed more than $75.9 million to programs that benefited older residents of those counties. How to play Powerball: Players pay $2 and select five white balls from the first set of 59 numbers plus a single red ball, the Powerball, from a second set of 35 numbers. Players may select their own numbers using a Powerball playslip, or they may opt for computer-selected quick picks. Players must match all five numbers drawn plus the Powerball number to win the jackpot. There also are eight additional ways for players to win a cash prize. Powerball tickets are sold in 44 participating jurisdictions. Drawings are held on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV