ALLENTOWN, Pa., March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Clear Channel Airports (CCA), a division of Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCO), and the world's leading marketer of airport advertising, today announced the launch of ClearVision airport television network in the Raleigh-Durham International Airport. With the February unveiling of ClearVision in the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, RDU's installation marks the second international airport to offer its travelers rich local news, music and sports programming from more than 140 content partners carried by ClearVision. The new network enhances the experience for travelers and offers advertisers a valuable new medium for reaching highly desirable business and leisure travelers.
Welcoming more than 9.2 million travelers in 2012, RDU is the gateway to three of the best universities in the country, a world-renowned high-tech community in Research Triangle Park and a number of tourist attractions ranging from the mountains of western North Carolina to the Atlantic coast. "For the more than nine million passengers who travel through RDU each year, our airport is the first and last impression they are left with when visiting the Research Triangle Region," said RDU Airport Director, Michael Landguth. "Launching ClearVision gives us the opportunity to keep up with the tech-savvy population and communicate with travelers about all that our region has to offer."
RDU now offers passengers the best mix of programming through ClearVision's growing number of well-known content partners, such as:
- Access Hollywood, Bravo, CBS, CelebTV, C-Net, Cooking Channel, E!, DIY, Fox, Game Show Network, HGTV, NBC, Style Network, Travel Channel, Funimation
National and local news sources
- The region's own WRAL will provide local news. Other news sources include ABC, Associated Press, CBS, Dow Jones, Freshwire, FOX Business News, NBC, WSJ, and Weather Channel
- Blastro Networks, Billboard magazine, FILTER magazine, VH1, Universal Music Group, Columbia Records, Disney Records
- Golf Channel, Indycar, LPGA, MLB, NAUTICAL CHANNEL, NBC Sports, PGA Tour, Universal Sports
"Consumer desire for fast, compact video information and entertainment is growing at a rapid pace, especially at airports; ClearVision's shortened versions of popular shows, news and events directly address this opportunity," said Clear Channel Airports' President Toby Sturek. "ClearVision now gives travelers a more varied video entertainment experience while waiting in the airport. Its launch represents a huge step in delivering the information and entertainment that travelers constantly want, while also providing advertisers a dynamic platform for reaching engaged audiences."In addition to entertaining travelers, the ClearVision platform provides global and national advertisers a dynamic medium for branding products and services to very valuable consumers – frequent travelers. On the local side, ClearVision is ideal for airports of cities seeking to promote hometown businesses and tourism in order to lift sales tax revenue and encourage repeat visits. Additionally ClearVision gives airports the capability to incorporate customized messages within the programmed content, helping them to better connect with visitors and enhance their experience.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV