This Car Window Has Been Shattered In The Center. 3M Scotchshield Automotive Window Film Holds The Glass In Place, Increasing The Amount Of Time And Effort It Takes A Thief To Enter Your Vehicle. (Photo: 3M)
According to the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB), an auto theft occurs every 33 seconds in the U.S. That’s roughly 1 million vehicles each year that wind up in the hands of thieves at a cost of nearly $6.4 billion. 1 Today, 3M is making it easier for drivers to add an extra layer of protection to vulnerable vehicles with the launch of their new 3M™ Scotchshield™ Automotive Security Films.
Skilled car thieves can require as few as three seconds to break into a car. 3M™ Scotchshield™ Automotive Security Films are designed to keep glass in place upon breakage, and have undergone rigorous testing to confirm that they will hold windows together and slow down a thief attempting to enter one’s vehicle.
Karen Martin, Automotive Marketing Supervisor for the US said, “3M™Scotchshield™Automotive Security Films are a great addition to our Automotive Window Film line where customers need theft or damage protection and will also receive the added benefit of solar heat rejection.”
In addition to its security benefits, 3M™ Scotchshield™ Automotive Security Films provide the same outstanding UV protection and other privacy benefits for which 3M films are renowned, including:
- Rejection of up to 46% of the total solar energy coming through windows, providing protection from the sun’s heat and harmful ultraviolet rays
- Increased privacy by shading windows from the sun and prying eyes.
- Non-metallized construction that won’t interfere with mobile phone, GPS or satellite radio reception.
- Blockage of 99% of UV light and a total Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of up to 1000.
- Significant glare reduction from blinding sunlight, allowing drivers to see better and concentrate more on the road.
- A variety of tint levels to meet drivers’ needs (from 5% to clear), allowing 5% to 50% of the visible light into vehicles.
- A limited lifetime warranty should they need replacing from bubbling, peeling, or blistering.*
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV