NEW YORK, March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises") (NASDAQ: IEP) today announced that Icahn Enterprises is pleased that the Special Committee of Dell Inc.'s Board has responded positively to our proposal regarding Dell.
Icahn Enterprises believes that the February 5th merger agreement entered into among Michael S. Dell, Silver Lake and Dell significantly undervalues Dell. As set forth in our March 22 nd letter to the Special Committee, a copy of which was attached to the press release issued by Dell earlier today, Icahn Enterprises' proposal allows for substantial ongoing participation in Dell by those shareholders that believe, like us, that the future for Dell is bright, while at the same time providing $15 per share in cash to those Dell shareholders that wish to exit Dell (up to an aggregate of $15.650 billion), an increase of $1.35 per share in excess of the Michael Dell/ Silver Lake offer.
Icahn Enterprises' proposal, which involves an equity commitment of $2 billion by Icahn Enterprises (including its existing approximately $1 billion holdings of Dell stock) and $3 billion by Carl C. Icahn, reflects our desire to continue to hold a significant position in Dell in the future. We have had preliminary discussions with Blackstone and note that, like our proposal, the Blackstone letter also contemplates the possibility of existing Dell holders continuing as Dell shareholders, thereby having the opportunity to participate in the potential for increased value at Dell, as well as the opportunity to receive cash, and we plan to review the Blackstone proposal in greater detail.
We look forward to speaking with other holders of Dell stock in order to garner their support for our proposal as we continue our diligence efforts and negotiations with the Special Committee.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV