LifeScan Announces Voluntary Recall Of All OneTouch® Verio®IQ Blood Glucose Meters
MILPITAS, Calif., March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LifeScan, Inc. is initiating a voluntary recall and replacement for all of its OneTouch® Verio®IQ blood glucose meters in the United States, effective immediately.
LifeScan is recalling and replacing all OneTouch® Verio®IQ Meters because at extremely high blood glucose levels of 1024 mg/dL and above, the meter will not provide a warning that the blood glucose is extremely high and will shut off, thereby potentially leading to incorrect treatment and delaying proper treatment.
The likelihood of experiencing an extremely high blood glucose level of 1024 mg/dL or higher is remote; however, when such a blood glucose level occurs, it is a serious health risk requiring immediate medical attention. Because these products do not provide an appropriate warning at glucose levels of 1024 mg/dL or higher, diagnosis and treatment of extreme hyperglycemia may be delayed or incorrect treatment may be given resulting in potentially serious health risk or fatality.
Patients who are using the OneTouch® Verio®IQ Meter should:
- Contact LifeScan Customer Service at (800) 717-0276 to make arrangements to receive a replacement meter at no charge and to speak with a LifeScan representative. Representatives are available 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. EDT Monday through Sunday (LifeScan U.S. Customer Service).
- Seek additional information about this recall on www.onetouch.com.
- Please note that patients may continue to test with their OneTouch® Verio®IQ Meters while they wait for their replacement meter to arrive as long as they are aware of this issue. However, LifeScan advises that if the meter unexpectedly turns itself off during testing, this could be a sign of extreme hyperglycemia requiring immediate medical attention and the patient should call a healthcare professional.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV