SAN JOSE, Calif., March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQGM: NTGR) ( www.netgear.com), a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, is introducing the new NETGEAR ProSafe® Intelligent Edge M4100 series ( www.netgear.com/managed/m4100) of managed switches, a broad portfolio of cost-effective Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet access layer solutions for small and medium businesses (SMBs), educational institutions, hospitals, government agencies, and other networks supporting fewer than 500 users. The M4100 series delivers an unbeatable combination of performance, security and convergence for voice, video and data networking solutions at an extremely attractive price point.
The NETGEAR Intelligent Edge M4100 series consists of 12 fully managed switch products in desktop and rackmount form factors, ranging from 8-port Fast Ethernet and Power over Ethernet (PoE) to 50-port Gigabit Ethernet and PoE Plus (up to 30W), and power budgets ranging from 66W to 1,440W. The series is ideal for all organizations needing reliable, affordable and simple access layer switching with CLI, scripting and IPv4 static L3 routing, IPv4/IPv6 ACLs and QoS. The advanced features of the M4100 series — such as Redundant and External Power Supply (RPS and EPS) options — facilitate, improve, or secure convergent applications such as VoIP deployment, IPTV and video surveillance installations, and wireless access point infrastructures.
Due to the wide adoption of virtualization, the convergence of voice, video, and data and the rapid proliferation of bandwidth-intensive applications such as IP phones and cameras, small and mid-sized businesses, hospitals and schools today have bandwidth needs similar to those of large enterprises. For the same price as low-end solutions currently on the market aimed at SMBs, NETGEAR is offering high-end features that have so far been limited to enterprise-class offerings only available at double or triple the price point. In contrast, the new M4100 series starts at merely $19 per port for Fast Ethernet PoE models, and at an affordable $32 per port for Gigabit PoE+ models.
"The access layer switches of the M4100 series bring users an incredibly rich feature set coupled with PoE+ scalability to full power that's simply unheard-of in an entry-level switch. I would never have expected to be able to afford these benefits at a price point that's economical for smaller networks," said Paul Blas, co-founder of Plan Design Build, Inc., a complete IT solution company based in Dallas, Texas ( www.pdb4me.com/). "I would be happy to deploy the M4100 series at any of my client premises as a proficient component of secure, converged voice, video and data networking solutions.""We've recently noticed the rapid proliferation of entry-level managed switches aimed at SMBs which are deficient in both hardware and software features, so we decided to address this opportunity," said Maggie Wu, senior product line manager for NETGEAR Switching Products. "NETGEAR has developed the M4100 Series for smaller networks, at a competitive price point, but packed with the latest feature enhancements of higher end, more demanding solutions traditionally designed for the enterprise market. We're confident that alternative solutions for SMBs simply do not offer the breadth of features we've built into the M4100 series." The Intelligent Edge M4100 series offers many innovative benefits to network administrators and IT personnel, particularly because of its flexible, scalable power usage options:
- Enhanced security and availability, including network access control and isolation, Spanning Tree topology enforcement, Denial of Service protection, power redundancy, and supplemental PoE power
- Improved convergence of voice, video and data, such as LLDP-MED for automatic configuration of IP Phones, best-in-class multicast filtering and MVR VLAN forwarding, and private VLAN Layer 2 isolation across the entire network
- Investment protection thanks to an expandable PoE power budget (up to 1,440W PoE budget per switch), scalability up to full PoE+ power across all ports, and with various RPS protections for uninterruptible operation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV