MELVILLE, N.Y., March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Bovie Medical Corporation (NYSE AMEX: BVX) (the "Company") a manufacturer and marketer of electrosurgical products, is pleased to report that it continues to receive increasing numbers of highly favorable responses and praise for its J-Plasma™ technology from leading surgeons and medical professionals.
J-Plasma™ utilizes a gas ionization process producing a stable thin beam of ionized gas emitted from the J-Plasma™ handpiece that can be controlled in a wide range of temperatures and intensities, providing the surgeon great precision, minimal invasiveness and an absence of conductive currents during surgery. Currently, there are five patents issued on J-Plasma™ and another six pending.
To date, over 100 surgeries have been performed on procedures such as Myomectomy, Ovarian Cyst, Endometriosis, Bowel Resection, Adhesiolysis, Robotic Assisted Hysterectomy, Hernia, LAVH, Ectopic, Abdominoplasty, Anterior/Posterior Repair and Breast Augmentation by Gynecologist, General Surgeons, and Plastic Surgeons on patients during surgeries in hospital settings, as well as, Urologists in laboratory settings, with excellent results.
J-Plasma™ continues to receive great support from influential surgeons across the country, further bolstering the positive results already achieved. While the Company is energetically pursuing the field of gynecological surgery, it anticipates entries into specialties such as oncology, dermatology, ENT and others, prompted by positive surgeon reactions in those specialties.As indicated, leading surgeons have been generous in their praise of J-Plasma™ and the Company is pleased to list some noteworthy comments by surgeons:
- A well known surgeon in the Western U.S. suggested that, "J-Plasma™ will be a household name by next year."
- A Tennessee gynecology surgeon commented, "You saved me 45 minutes and I honestly don't think there is a product on the market that would do what I just did."
- A gynecology surgeon in Nevada stated, "J-Plasma™ saved me at least an hour on this myomectomy. It was much faster than what we usually use."
- A gynecology surgeon in Tampa: "You guys finally came up with something that all of us (surgeons) have been looking for… it solves a lot of problems in a safe affordable manner."
- A general surgeon in Nashville commented that, "I usually have a lot of fear when I activate an instrument near the bowel, but after using J-Plasma™ for twenty minutes, that fear is gone."
- A gynecology surgeon in Pennsylvania offered, "This thing is great. It went through muscle, the uterus and ligaments without effort and with no charring."