Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE: FDO) today announced that it has named Scott T. Zucker to the newly created position of SVP - Merchandise Operations. Mr. Zucker will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of merchandise initiatives, category management, merchandise planning and replenishment. In his new role, he will report to Michael Bloom, President and Chief Operating Officer.
"Meeting the needs of our customers and Team Members is critical to our mission of being a compelling place to shop and work. This new alignment will allow for improved execution, simplified operational processes, inventory optimization and faster strategic decision-making,” said Mr. Bloom. “Scott brings a wealth of leadership and experience in merchandising, supply chain planning and information technology, all of which will provide tremendous support of our long-term strategic goals.”
Mr. Zucker joined Family Dollar in 2006 as Divisional Vice President – Pricing. In 2007 he was promoted to VP - Merchandise Operations, and most recently, Mr. Zucker served as VP - IT Solutions.
Prior to joining Family Dollar, Mr. Zucker was with BearingPoint Consulting where he had the opportunity to work with a number of large retail organizations. After graduating from Davidson College, he started his retail career with Belk. He earned his MBA from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte in 1997.About Family Dollar Beginning with one store in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1959, the Company currently operates more than 7,600 stores in 45 states. Family Dollar Stores, Inc., a Fortune 300 company, is based in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte and is a publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV