Ryder System, Inc. (NYSE: R), a leader in commercial transportation and supply chain management solutions, announced it has been selected by Illinois-based Andrew Distribution, Inc., a leading regional provider of transportation and distribution services for publishers, to provide 18 new straight trucks under a Full Service Lease agreement. With a Full Service Lease, Ryder acquires vehicles according to the customer’s specifications, provides financing, maintenance and fleet support services, and then manages vehicle disposal. The trucks will be used to support Andrew’s distribution and delivery operations for a major daily newspaper in the Milwaukee, WI market. This is the first time Andrew Distribution has leased a portion of its fleet.
“In the newspaper industry, on-time deliveries are absolutely critical,” said Andrew Malek, Vice President, Andrew Distribution. “Our business depends on having a fleet of well-maintained vehicles to ensure our customers get their deliveries when and where they need them.”
Andrew Distribution has been renting trucks from Ryder during the past four years to supplement its existing private fleet of more than 80 vehicles. When the company quickly needed to expand its fleet with 18 additional trucks to support a new customer account, it decided to lease the vehicles from Ryder.
“Working with Ryder, we were able to quickly acquire the specific trucks we needed without having to make an ownership investment,” continued Mr. Malek. “Ryder’s maintenance program prevents breakdowns and keeps our vehicles on the road, which means better service and lower costs. Our promise to our customers is to offer the most reliable service possible at a reasonable rate. Leasing trucks from Ryder helps us to deliver on this promise.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV