NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here are 10 things you should know for Tuesday, March 26:
1. -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to a rebound Tuesday ahead of U.S. durable goods orders and home price reports, both of which are expected to show sizable improvements.
European stocks were rising early Tuesday while Asian shares finished the session mixed.
2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Tuesday includes durable goods orders for February at 8:30 a.m. EDT, the S&P Case/Shiller Home Price Index for January at 9 a.m., new-home sales for February at 10 a.m., and the Conference Board's release of consumer confidence data for March at 10 a.m. Economists polled by Reuters expect a 3.8% increase in February durable goods orders, compared with a 4.9% decline in January.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Monday fell on concern the painful bailout measures forced on Cyprus' citizens and Russian depositors has set a troubling precedence for other troubled eurozone nations, most notably Italy and Spain. The Dow Jones Industrial Average finished lower by 0.44% to 14,447.75. The Nasdaq dropped 0.3% to 3,235.30. The S&P 500 fell 0.33% to finish at 1,551.69.
4. -- Boeing (BA) conducted a two-hour test flight on Monday of a 787 Dreamliner with a redesigned battery system. The aerospace giant said the flight "went according to plan." Boeing said it plans to analyze the information from the flight, and if it deems the test successful will take another flight in a few days to gather more data to submit to the Federal Aviation Administration. Boeing hopes to get the planes in the air in a few weeks. They have been grounded since January after the lithium-ion batteries on two planes overheated.
5. -- Exxon Mobil (XOM) was fined $1.7 million by the U.S. Department of Transportation for safety violations linked to an oil spill in the Yellowstone River in July 2011.
6. -- Sonic Corp. (SONC), the drive-in restaurant chain, posted fiscal second-quarter earnings on Monday of $3.6 million, or 6 cents a share, up from year-earlier profit of $1.7 million, or 3 cents a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV