NEW YORK -- Boeing (BA) conducted a two-hour test flight on Monday of a 787 Dreamliner with a redesigned battery system.
The aerospace giant said the flight "went according to plan."
Boeing said it plans to analyze the information from the flight, and if it deems the test successful will take another flight in a few days to gather more data to submit to the Federal Aviation Administration.
Boeing hopes to get the planes in the air in a few weeks. They have been grounded since January after the lithium-ion batteries on two planes overheated.Airlines Prepare for Takeoff
Exxon Mobil (XOM) was fined $1.7 million by the U.S. Department of Transportation for safety violations linked to an oil spill in the Yellowstone River in July 2011.
Sonic Corp. (SONC), the drive-in restaurant chain, posted fiscal second-quarter earnings on Monday of $3.6 million, or 6 cents a share, up from year-earlier profit of $1.7 million, or 3 cents a share. Adjusted earnings in the quarter were 5 cents a share, in line with analysts' estimates. Revenue fell to $111.1 million from $115.1 million a year earlier; analysts forecast sales of $113.1 million. Sonic said it expects same-store sales in its current fiscal year to rise in the low single-digit range.
Mattress Firm Holding (MFRM) is expected by analysts Tuesday to report fourth-quarter earnings of 32 cents a share on revenue of $261.5 million. 5 Stocks Set to Soar on Bullish Earnings
Children's Place Retail Stores (PLCE) is forecast by analysts on Tuesday to report fourth-quarter earnings of $1.04 a share.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV