SAN DIEGO, March 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- OncoSec Medical Inc. (OTCQB: ONCS) – a company developing its advanced-stage ImmunoPulse DNA-based immunotherapy and NeoPulse therapy to treat solid tumors – announced positive, durable response results in an update on interim data from its Phase II metastatic melanoma trial. The data was presented at the HemOnc Today Melanoma and Cutaneous Malignancies Conference on March 22, in New York City.
In this analysis, all melanoma lesions that demonstrated at least a partial or complete response (PR or CR) to treatment with ImmunoPulse were followed, to determine durable response. Sixty-eight percent and forty-five percent of treated lesions demonstrated a durable response at three and six months, respectively.
Punit Dhillon, President and CEO said, "We are encouraged by this updated data from the interim analysis, especially in light of recent announcements related to durability of response for other intralesional therapies. This data not only shows that ImmunoPulse can effectively eliminate the targeted tumors but also that our treatment can have a lasting effect on those tumors."Adil Daud, MD – the study's principal investigator at the University of California San Francisco – said, "This data demonstrates that the lesions we have selected for treatment are responding well to the therapy and that the ImmunoPulse can trigger a lasting immune response, against the treated lesion. It is now important for us to see if this local immune reaction can result in a more widespread response against untreated lesions." These interim results reinforce previously announced Phase I data demonstrating that ImmunoPulse therapy is safe and well tolerated, as well as producing robust objective response rates, in patients with metastatic melanoma. OncoSec expects to complete enrollment of approximately 25 patients in total, in Q2 2013, with final analysis anticipated in Q4 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV