ReServe Gets Retirees Back to Work They Want
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Let's face it: Retirees may not want to hang up their work clothes forever.
For seniors who want part-time work, a nonprofit agency called ReServe can place older workers -- often retirees -- in good, part-time jobs that can make a huge difference to their communities in retirement.
U.S. News & World Report cites Alan Greenfield, a 65-year-old site coordinator for a nonprofit tax advisory program in Boston. He earns up to $15 per hour working part-time using his business and financial skills helping lower-income Bostonians meet their financial obligations with the IRS while maximizing their benefits.
ReServe says its mission is as much about helping seniors build rewarding vocations in their 60s, 70s and beyond as it is about helping the disadvantaged."We accomplish our mission by matching 'continuing professionals 55-plus' with rewarding part-time service assignments at nonprofit organizations and public institutions in order to strengthen their communities while earning a modest stipend," the company says on its website. There are some rules of the road for seniors to follow before signing on with ReServ:
- The organization has a limited reach, operating in New York City (where it has more than 3,000 "reservists," as the company calls staffers) and has recently opened offices in Newark, N.J.; Baltimore; Miami; Milwaukee; and Boston, which rolled out its service in January.
- Jobs are part-time, with most in the 10- to 20-hours-per-week range.
- You have to be 55 or older to qualify.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV