American Legion Commander: CBS Apology Accepted
INDIANAPOLIS, March 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American Legion National Commander and Vietnam War veteran James E. Koutz, issued the following statement regarding the on-air apology issued by CBS earlier this evening for an episode of "The Amazing Race," which most viewers found offensive because of its content featuring the wreckage of a B-52 shot down in Hanoi and a pro-Communism singing performance:
"America is a forgiving country. When you make a mistake, you own up to it. The American Legion applauds CBS and 'The Amazing Race' for its apology that was broadcast immediately before tonight's episode. We believe it to be sincere and heartfelt. We would like to thank the hundreds, if not thousands, of people who supported us through their Facebook comments, tweets, e-mails and phone calls. We would also like to thank Fox News Channel's Greg Gutfeld for bringing this to our attention and his colleague Bob Beckel. Bob told me that he opposed the Vietnam War but felt very strongly that America's veterans should never be disrespected in such a manner. Bob's passion about this was clearly evident to all the viewers who saw him on "The Five." To CBS, I say, 'apology accepted.'"
With a current membership of 2.4-million wartime veterans, The American Legion was founded in 1919 on the four pillars of a strong national security, veterans affairs, Americanism, and youth programs. Legionnaires work for the betterment of their communities through more than 14,000 posts across the nation.
Contacts: John Raughter (317) 630-1253, (317) 441-8847;
Marty Callaghan (202) 263-5758, (202) 515-8644.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV