Second, setting aside how much revenue/profit Intel Media generates -- though, with a great product and even better marketing ahead of a presumed pre-holiday 2013 launch, it can likely be significant -- there's a better-than-zero chance that the Huggers' experience influences what the larger Intel does with regards to its ongoing CEO search.
If Intel Media lights a fire with a media-friendly outspoken head such as Huggers and hires from all the big names -- Apple (AAPL), Google (GOOG), Disney (DIS) and others -- why not permeate the rest of the operation with that type of spirit? It's exactly the lift Intel needs to extend its thinking as a technology company, not merely a silicon company caught in the crosshairs of that mobile miss and a weak PC-industry push it probably never should've gotten behind.
-- Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV