Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ: MENT) today announced that Dr. Andras Poppe, associate professor at the Budapest University of Technology, Department of Electron Devices, has received the Harvey Rosten Award For Excellence in the Physical Design of Electronics. Dr. Poppe received the award for his paper, “A Step Forward in Multi-domain Modeling of Power LEDs,” at the 29 th annual IEEE Thermal Measurement, Modeling and Management Symposium (SemiTHERM).
The Harvey Rosten Award For Excellence has been established by the family and friends of Harvey Rosten, who was responsible for the development of the world’s first commercial general purpose computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software, and co-founder of Flomerics (now a division of Mentor Graphics Corporation). The Award commemorates Rosten's achievements in the field of thermal analysis of electronics equipment, and the thermal modeling of electronics parts and packages. The award aims to encourage innovation and excellence in these fields.
Former Harvey Rosten Award winners include scientists from Philips Semiconductors, Sun Microsystems, Infineon Technologies, STMicroelectronics, Raytheon, Villanova University, Purdue University and Georgia Institute of Technology.
“We recognize Andras Poppe for his contributions to our industry since he is a noted expert in thermal simulation and test methodologies, particularly in the LED sector,” stated Dr. Clemens Lasance, former principal scientist with Phillips Research and Harvey Rosten Award committee member. “Dr. Poppe’s research and active involvement with key industry standards bodies, such as JEDEC and CIE, have had a major impact on our industry, so we are proud to honor him today.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV