NEW YORK, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
WHO ARE THE CHINESE?Through on-the-ground interviews, journalist Ana Fuentes uncovered the real China and offers a panoramic look at Chinese culture from the point of view of its citizens. She spent nearly four years living and working in China and discovered a world few have written about...until now.
FROM THE DRAGON'S MOUTH: Ten True Stories that Unveil the Real China ( C.A Press/Penguin Group; April 17, 2013) is an exquisitely intimate look into the China of the 21st century as seen through the eyes of its people. This is the first time that a book of this type combines the voices of everyday Chinese people from so many different layers of society, including:
- The indulgent world of Ferraris and night clubs of the fu er dai, the second generation of Chinese millionaires
- A peasant-turned-prostitute to pay for her son's upscale education
- A woman who married her gay friend to escape from social pressure, like an estimated 16 million other women, called tongqi ("wife of a homosexual")
- A venerable Kung Fu master unable to train outdoors because of the hazardous pollution
- The daughter of two Communist Party officials getting rich coaching Chinese entrepreneurs in the ways of Capitalism
- And more...