Mannatech, Incorporated (NASDAQ: MTEX), a leading developer and provider of nutritional supplements and skin care products based on Real Food Technology® solutions, today announced financial results for its fourth quarter and year end 2012.
Fourth Quarter Results
Fourth quarter net sales for 2012 were $42.3 million, a decrease of 11.7% compared to $47.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. Net sales for United States and Canada declined 14.4% to $20.2 million compared to $23.6 million in the fourth quarter of 2011. International net sales of $22.1 million decreased 9.1% compared to $24.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
Net income was $0.3 million, or $0.10 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to net loss of ($7.0 million), or ($2.63) per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2011.Dr. Robert Sinnott, CEO & Chief Science Officer, commented, “Mannatech has achieved profitability in the last half of 2012. This is an important milestone in our financial recovery. We believe our strategies for 2013 will continue to increase our cash flow and improve the current sales trends.” Year End Results Annual net sales for 2012 were $173.4 million, down 13.6% from $200.7 million for 2011. The company reported a net loss for 2012 of $1.4 million, compared to a net loss of $20.7 million in 2011. The loss per share was $0.52 in 2012, compared to the loss per share of $7.80 in 2011. The total number of independent associates and members based on a 12-month trailing period was approximately 229,000 as of each of December 31, 2012 and 2011. The number of new independent associates and members for 2012 was 97,000, compared to 77,000 in 2011, which was an increase of 20,000 over the previous year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV