Pa. Jobless Rate Dips Slightly, Jobs Flat In Feb.
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) â¿¿ Pennsylvania's unemployment rate dipped a notch in February after shooting to its highest point since October 2010, while the labor force shrank and payrolls stayed put.
The state Department of Labor and Industry said Friday that February's unemployment rate was 8.1 percent, down from 8.2 percent in January.
The national unemployment rate was 7.7 percent in February.
The department estimates that the number of nonfarm jobs in Pennsylvania remained flat at just under 5.75 million jobs, a number that's about the same as it was last March. Payrolls hit a record above 5.8 billion in April 2008, but shrank to below 5.6 billion amid the recession's effects.A survey of households shows the number of people working or looking for work shrank in February, as did unemployment and employment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV