NEW YORK (TheStreet) --
Nike (NKE) reported their earnings and holy cow were they good. Jim, this company came out. I mean, future orders increase 7% and I think that that's really the key here and that's why people are responding to this stock is because future orders increase 7%.
Jim Cramer:Well, this was a...they put it together. There have been worries about gross margin. Nope. Gross margin good and worry about the future orders. Nope. Good. Worried about China. Addressed it square, head-on on a conference call. Great conference call. Mark Parker did a terrific job. Nike has gotten the luster back. This was...ever since the 80's, this has been one of the great growth stocks. It has stumbled, stumbled, stumbled. Now returning a lot of capital, they give you a big dividend boost and you see why. They have a level of confidence now that's terrific. They're pulling away from everybody else. They've got great technology. This is a good story. Debra Borchardt: And if it isn't working, they get rid of it like Cole Haan and Umbra. They say nope, that's it? Jim Cramer: They are serious business people and this reminds me of the Nike of old. I know it's up a lot. I know it's at an all-time high. Debra Borchardt: That's where I was going next. Jim Cramer: Buy it anyway. Debra Borchardt: Buy it anyway. Jim Cramer: Yeah, buy it anyway. Debra Borchardt: So, okay, it's in its 52-week high. Jim Cramer: Buy it anyway. Debra Borchardt: Now where do you think this could go? Jim Cramer: Look, I think that this is now one of the stocks that is going to go over time like McDonald's (MCD) from $85 to it went to $100 and like Home Depot (HD). It's just going to be one of those stocks when the market's good, it's going to go up. When the market's down, it's not going to go down very much because people are going to want to find a growth stock. This is the growth stock people want.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV