NASA Extends Hubble Space Telescope Science Operations Contract
WASHINGTON, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA is extending its contract with the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy for the agency's Hubble Space Telescope Science Operations activities at the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, Md., for 36 months.
The option the agency chose to exercise has a total estimated value of $76 million and extends the period of performance through April 30, 2016.
The contractor will continue to be responsible for providing the products and services required to execute the science program and process, archive, and distribute the science data from Hubble. The contractor also will maintain and calibrate the onboard instruments; maintain the science operations ground systems; administer grants; conduct public and educational outreach; and conduct astronomical research.For information about NASA and agency programs, visit: http://www.nasa.gov SOURCE NASA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV