Walgreens (NYSE: WAG) (Nasdaq: WAG) tomorrow will welcome customers to its latest New York City-based flagship store located in the world renowned Empire State Building. The store, which opens to the public at 10 a.m., features an extensive collection of innovative offerings, products and services unexpected from a drugstore.
“We are extremely pleased to provide another revolutionary store that demonstrates how Walgreens is transforming daily living, pharmacy and healthcare experiences nationwide,” said Mark Wagner, Walgreens president of operations and community management. “Walgreens innovative products and services support our commitment to help our customers get, stay and live well.”
A ribbon cutting ceremony will commence the grand opening. Walgreens leadership will be available for comment after the ceremony.
The store’s expanded features include:
- An enhanced, state-of-the-art pharmacy designed to encourage greater interaction between pharmacists and patients. A health guide will help pharmacy customers navigate a wide range of health and wellness products, as well as healthcare services including immunizations and health tests to better manage patient care. The pharmacy also features an “Ask Your Pharmacist” desk, private consultation rooms and Express Rx kiosks for easy, self-serve checkout.
- A LOOK Boutique beauty department featuring dozens of prestige and niche cosmetic, skincare and hair care brands not typically found in drugstores. Specially-trained beauty advisors are on hand to offer guidance finding the best solutions for individual needs. Expert shaping and grooming services will be available at the Eyebrow Bar.
- Hundreds of fresh food items including produce and high-quality, on-the-go meal options such as wraps, sandwiches and salads made fresh daily.
- A selection of customary beer and select local brews.
- A Coca-Cola Freestyle machine dispensing 130 varieties of Coca Cola fountain drinks.
- Customers can also enjoy several flavors of self-serve frozen yogurt accompanied by an enticing toppings bar.
- An Upmarket Café offering fresh brewed coffee, pastries, doughnuts and bagels.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts