Mexico Tourism Exceeds Targets At Tianguis Turistico 2013 In Puebla
PUEBLA, Mexico, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- At the closing of Tianguis Turistico, celebrated in the city of Puebla, Mexico's Secretary of Tourism Claudia Ruiz Massieu and Puebla Governor Rafael Moreno Valle announced that event surpassed expectations, registering 26,288 business meetings and successfully promoted Mexico's tourist destinations on a global scale.
Tianguis Turistico Mexico is the primary platform for business and promotion of tourism in Mexico. This year 673 buyers (319 domestic and 354 from 42 countries), and representatives from the country's 32 states were in attendance.
Countries participating for the first time included Lithuania, Slovakia, Hungary, Turkey, Thailand, the Czech Republic, Puerto Rico and El Salvador.
In her closing message, Secretary Ruiz Massieu said that Puebla set a new benchmark for Tianguis Turistico as the first colonial city to host the event.TIANGUIS TURISTICO MEXICO 2014 Secretary Ruiz Massieu announced that in 2014 Tianguis Turistico will take place in Quintana Roo. Ruiz Massieu said that Tianguis has become a significant driver of business within Mexico's tourism industry, and said that the goal for next year will be to surpass the strong results achieved this year in Puebla. Roberto Borge, Governor of Quintana Roo, said that a new age for Mexico's tourism industry has arrived and the industry has become a major driver of wealth and is a key source of employment. Governor Borge noted that his administration plans to invest 100 billion pesos in tourist infrastructure, working to promote different destinations and tourism sectors throughout the country.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV