Pall Corporation (NYSE: PLL), a global leader in filtration, separation and purification, today introduced the XRS 20 Bioreactor System, a new bioreactor with unique agitation properties that incorporates a single-use, easy-to-use Allegro™ 3D biocontainer. This next generation ‘rocker’ bioreactor, designed for cultivation of mammalian cells in suspension culture, is equally suitable for applications ranging from general life sciences research to seed train operations and full Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) production at the 2-to-20 liter scale.
The XRS 20 System’s unique bi-axial agitation promotes better mixing and higher mass transfer, which expedites transport of nutrients and metabolites in the cellular micro-environment. This allows cultures to reach higher densities with overall greater viabilities, leading to significantly higher protein expression levels.
To ensure operational simplicity, the system includes the following features:
- Allegro XRS 20 biocontainer with integrated components (sensors, filters, drain and tubing sets) for rapid installation and efficient harvesting
- Advanced XRS 20 controller with touchscreen interface for easy monitoring and control of process parameters
A fully enclosed XRS 20 platform with interlock provides operator safety while protecting sensitive media components from light.“The versatile, easy-to-use XRS 20 Bioreactor System combines state-of-the-art, single-use technology with advanced controls and features that improve cell culture performance,” said Ken Frank, President, Pall BioPharmaceuticals. To learn more about the XRS 20 Bioreactor System please visit www.pall.com/bioreactors. Pall Life Sciences Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines and classic pharmaceuticals. The company’s membranes and membrane devices optimize detection and sample preparation in the drug research, clinical diagnostics, genomics, and proteomics markets. Pall is a leading provider of separation systems and single-use filtration and purification technologies to pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to support faster development of new drugs and vaccines that are safer and require less energy and water to produce. Pall technologies are also used in clinical institutions and the food and beverage industries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV