Foot Locker (FL) is a global retailer of athletically inspired shoes and apparel, operating 3,369 primarily mall-based stores in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. This stock is trading up 4.1% at $33.63 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.97 million
Average Volume: 2.47 millionVolume % Change: 102% From a technical perspective, FL is trending higher here back above its 200-day moving average of $33.43 and right into its 50-day moving average at $33.77. This move is quickly pushing shares of FL within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit if FL manages to take out its 50-day at $33.77 and then once it clears more overhead resistance at $34.25 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in FL as long as it's trending above today's low of $32.73, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 2.47 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then FL will set up to re-fill its previous gap down zone from earlier this month that started near $35.50. Any high-volume move above $35.90 to $36.24 will then put $37.26 into range for shares of FL. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV