DAF Trucks (Nasdaq:PCAR) launched the new PACCAR MX-11 Euro 6 engine in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. The MX-11 engine will be available in DAF’s Euro 6 CF and XF vehicles and is scheduled to begin European production in the fall of 2013. It is planned for the PACCAR MX-11 engine to be available in Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks in 2015. “The new PACCAR MX-11 engine delivers excellent fuel efficiency and reliability, while contributing to a quiet, optimized driver environment,” said Harrie Schippers, DAF president.
PACCAR MX-11 Engine (Photo: Business Wire)
The PACCAR MX-11 engine is a 10.8-liter, six-cylinder, in-line engine with power outputs of 290 hp to 440 hp and a torque range up to 1,550 lb-ft. The MX-11 engine is a double overhead camshaft design and features a compact graphite iron (CGI) engine block and cylinder head for long-lasting durability. The PACCAR MX-11 engine incorporates a high pressure common rail fuel injection system, a turbo charger with variable geometry and innovative technologies to maximize efficiency, including encapsulated wiring harnesses and advanced engine management systems.
PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business. PACCAR shares are traded on the Nasdaq Global Select market, symbol PCAR, and its homepage is
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV