United Spinal President Paul J. Tobin Honored With Academy Of Spinal Cord Injury Professionals Leadership Award
NEW YORK, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- United Spinal president and CEO, Paul J. Tobin, has been selected as the recipient of the 2013 Academy of Spinal Cord Injury Professionals (ASCIP) Leadership Award for his tireless work in advancing the needs of people living with spinal cord injuries and disorders (SCI/D).
ASCIP is a not for profit interdisciplinary organization devoted to improving care of people living with spinal cord injuries through sharing knowledge and expertise.
"It is a great pleasure to name Paul as the recipient of the 2013 ASCIP Leadership Award. Paul has demonstrated outstanding national leadership in the field of SCI/D through the development of high quality programs, public policy, community advocacy and promotion of expertise among professionals in the field. He is truly deserving of this honor," said Steven Kirshblum, MD, president of ASCIP."I urge individuals with disabilities everywhere to continue the tradition of service that is the legacy of United Spinal and its membership, which is to continually challenge the limitations imposed by attitudes, medical technology, society and government," said Tobin. Under Tobin's leadership, United Spinal and National Spinal Cord Injury Association officially merged in 2011, bringing together over 125 years of history serving the spinal cord injury and disability community and currently representing over 35,000 members nationwide. Other additions under Tobin's leadership are:
- acquisition of New Mobility Magazine, a publication dedicated to active lifestyle matters and products for people with disabilities; and
- the addition of UsersFirst, a program to advocate for enlightened public policies regarding the capacity of people with disabilities and help people with disabilities make informed choices regarding durable medical equipment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV