Unemployment In Alaska Falls To 6.5 Percent
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) â¿¿ Alaska's unemployment rate hit its lowest level in 4 Â½ years last month, falling to 6.5 percent.
That seasonally adjusted preliminary rate compares to 6.7 percent in January and 7.1 percent in February 2012.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, last month's mark would be the lowest level in Alaska since August 2008, when unemployment also stood at 6.5 percent.
U.S. employment in February was 7.7 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV