Utah Unemployment Down Slightly Last Month
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) â¿¿ New labor statistics show Utah's unemployment rate has improved slightly from last month and remains well below the national rate.
The newest numbers show 5.2 percent of the state's workforce was unemployed in February. That's a 4 percent improvement from the same month last year.
The national unemployment rate is 7.7 percent.
The Utah Department of Workforce Services says the state saw notable increases in February from the year before in jobs for the leisure and hospitality industry, professional and business services and transportation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV