On Thursday, I explained why my favorite speculative stock, Chimera (CIM), could be a takeover target. I also took profits on my Altisource Asset Management (AAMC) long (after an 85% gain in 2013!). In "More Fed Think," I discussed the lack of incremental impact of quantitative easing on the real economy.
Today's opening missive, "My Basic Investing Tenets," was a primer that explained the factors that form my investment consciousness (the do's and don'ts) -- easy to write about, much harder to execute! In "Stalemate," my diary continued the theme of why in a "newsy" and volatile market, opportunistic trading will likely trump investing. For now, stocks are "trading sardines, not eating sardines" (hat tip Seth Klarman).
I hope this new column helps put the market week into perspective.
So, that was the week that was -- from my perch.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV