Idaho's Jobless Rate At 6.2 Percent In February
BOISE, Idaho (AP) â¿¿ Idaho's unemployment rate continues to drop.
The Idaho Department of Labor said Friday that the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for February came in at 6.2 percent, down one-tenth of a percent from the previous month and the lowest unemployment rate since December 2008.
Agency officials say Idaho employers in most private sector industries hired more workers than usual last month. In February, employers hired nearly 14,000 workers, topping the hiring level in February 2008. About half of those jobs are considered new jobs.
Still, statistics show total employment statewide declined by about 400. Department of Labor analysts say more workers may be leaving self-employment for more traditional jobs or taking on second jobs.Only three Idaho countiesâ¿¿ Adams, Benewah and Clearwater â¿¿ posted double-digit unemployment rates during the month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV