Idaho's Jobless Rate At 6.2 Percent In February
BOISE, Idaho (AP) â¿¿ Idaho's unemployment rate continues to drop.
The Idaho Department of Labor said Friday that the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for February came in at 6.2 percent, down one-tenth of a percent from the previous month and the lowest unemployment rate since December 2008.
Agency officials say Idaho employers in most private sector industries hired more workers than usual last month. In February, employers hired nearly 14,000 workers, topping the hiring level in February 2008. About half of those jobs are considered new jobs.
Still, statistics show total employment statewide declined by about 400. Department of Labor analysts say more workers may be leaving self-employment for more traditional jobs or taking on second jobs.Only three Idaho countiesâ¿¿ Adams, Benewah and Clearwater â¿¿ posted double-digit unemployment rates during the month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV