1. As of noon trading, Nucor ( NUE) is down $0.33 (-0.7%) to $46.07 on average volume Thus far, 998,145 shares of Nucor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $46.04-$46.62 after having opened the day at $46.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.40. Nucor Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of steel and steel products in North America and internationally. It operates through three segments: Steel Mills, Steel Products, and Raw Materials. Nucor has a market cap of $14.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 29.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Nucor a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Nucor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Nucor Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the metals & mining industry could consider SPDR S&P Metals & Mining ETF ( XME) while those bearish on the metals & mining industry could consider PowerShares DB Base Metals Sht ETN ( BOS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts