Pennsylvania Food Merchants Association Praises The Passage Of HB 790 And Urges Senate To Support Convenient Adult Beverage Sales
CAMP HILL, Pa., March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Food Merchants Association (PFMA), the state's advocate for food retailers, praised the Pennsylvania House of Representatives today for voting to pass House Bill 790 in support of reforming Pennsylvania's alcohol sales system.
"We are very pleased that House members voted in favor of moving Pennsylvania forward to modernized alcohol sales," said Alex Baloga, PFMA director of government relations. "PFMA will continue to work for changes that treat all of our members fairly and increase choice and convenience for consumers."
House Bill 790, as passed by the full House, reforms beer, liquor and wine sales and is a significant step forward for Pennsylvanians. It now moves on to the Pennsylvania Senate where it will be debated.
"This is a historic victory for consumers, retailers and for Pennsylvania; however, we still have to work to get this bill passed through the Senate," said PFMA President and CEO David McCorkle. "I urge all members, their associates and their customers to contact your Senators to ask for their support of HB 790."FreeMyBeer.com is very user-friendly, allowing anyone over the age of 21 to type in their address, locate their legislator and send them a message. Visitors can also join the conversation about alcohol sales reform on the Free My Beer Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/freemybeer, and they can ask their friends to get involved by sending them an email at the site. Visit FreeMyBeer.com to support convenient beer and wine sales in supermarket and convenience stores. For more information on the Pennsylvania Food Merchants Association, visit www.pfma.org.
SOURCE Pennsylvania Food Merchants Association
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV